AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
1.3K members online now
1.3K members online now
Learn to identify referral spam traffic, as well as best practices to reduce referral spam in your Google Analytics account

Guide Me
star_border

Avg. Session Duration

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello!

I got lots of clicks from an AdWords campaign but when I checked it on Analytics; it shows the Avg. Session Duration as you can see in the picture below:

For instance; if you look at second row, there are 34 sessions, but it has absolutely 0 (zero) Avg. Session Duration?! I can't get my head around it.

Can it be some spam traffic? Or does it have to do with anything the website, being a single-page website?

I'd appreciate any help! Thanks in advance!

Screen-Shot-2017-03-22-at-02.48.13.jpg

1 Expert replyverified_user

Avg. Session Duration

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hard to say from this whether it's spam. However, if the visit only includes 1 page, and no interactions, then it is a bounced visit and therefore there is no second time stamp for GA to measure session duration with. Note that in your table, all those without session duration have a 100% bounce rate.

John Wedderburn, Advertiser Community, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Avg. Session Duration

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

A landing page with 100% bounce rate will always show average visit length and average time on page as 0 seconds.

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/AdWords-Tracking-and-Reporting/Can-average-session-duratio...

Hope this helps.

Thanks