2K members online now
Learn to identify referral spam traffic, as well as best practices to reduce referral spam in your Google Analytics account

Guide Me
star_border

Avg. Session Duration

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello!

I got lots of clicks from an AdWords campaign but when I checked it on Analytics; it shows the Avg. Session Duration as you can see in the picture below:

For instance; if you look at second row, there are 34 sessions, but it has absolutely 0 (zero) Avg. Session Duration?! I can't get my head around it.

Can it be some spam traffic? Or does it have to do with anything the website, being a single-page website?

I'd appreciate any help! Thanks in advance!

Screen-Shot-2017-03-22-at-02.48.13.jpg

1 Expert replyverified_user

Avg. Session Duration

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hard to say from this whether it's spam. However, if the visit only includes 1 page, and no interactions, then it is a bounced visit and therefore there is no second time stamp for GA to measure session duration with. Note that in your table, all those without session duration have a 100% bounce rate.

John Wedderburn, Advertiser Community, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Avg. Session Duration

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

A landing page with 100% bounce rate will always show average visit length and average time on page as 0 seconds.

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/AdWords-Tracking-and-Reporting/Can-average-session-duratio...

Hope this helps.

Thanks