Analytics
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Learn to identify referral spam traffic, as well as best practices to reduce referral spam in your Google Analytics account

Guide Me
star_border

Are these data really direct spam?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The 4 month(2016.12 ~ 2017. 3) I have a lot of direct traffic. Instead of +- 100 sessions a day, this is around 300 sessions a day. I could not find a reason why there is a lot of traffic(day/about3,000) on our website.The exit rate is less than 60%, and the host name is also a normal provider.There was no spam signal on the server. Is there any other possibility that this is spam or pure vistor?

캡처22.PNG캡처44.PNG캡처55.PNG

1 Expert replyverified_user

Are these data really direct spam?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi @Andrew Lee

Spam is more like something you would find on referrals/keywords or other parts of your analytics where the spammer will leave a trail so you visit his site.

What you metion looks more like bot traffic. There are many bots crawling sites with differen purposes, some good others not so much. 

I recommend you to check other dimensions like flash version, browser/browser version, OS, network, and see if you find some pattern.

If you find one you can create an advanced segment to exclude these traffic.

I also recommend you to check your site access log for those moths, you can have more imformation there about IPs from those visits.

Hope it helps,

Google Analytics Rising Star | Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.' Learn how here!
Analytics Consultant at Carloseo.com - Find me on Twitter | Email me