6.4K members online now
Learn to identify referral spam traffic, as well as best practices to reduce referral spam in your Google Analytics account

Guide Me
star_border

Analytics V Spam

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Folks,

How important is it to delete spam from your Analytics and what differences could I expect if I put a spam filter in place.

Cheers.

Kev.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Dave_Davis (Top Contributor)
November 2015

Re: Analytics V Spam

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Kev
That's up to you. If you like seeing upwards trends in your stats that aren't real, that's your prerogative.
Ultimately, analytics is about getting answers to questions. Unless that data is relatively clean and accurate, the answer to any question you ask will be wrong.

Putting a spam filter in place, what can you expect? You can expect to see the statistics for your site/app visitors clearly. There's no downside, unless you count that feeling that you're not doing as well as you thought you were.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Dave_Davis (Top Contributor)
November 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Kev
That's up to you. If you like seeing upwards trends in your stats that aren't real, that's your prerogative.
Ultimately, analytics is about getting answers to questions. Unless that data is relatively clean and accurate, the answer to any question you ask will be wrong.

Putting a spam filter in place, what can you expect? You can expect to see the statistics for your site/app visitors clearly. There's no downside, unless you count that feeling that you're not doing as well as you thought you were.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hey, thanks Dave much obliged

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
You're welcome Kevin. Any further questions, just shout.