AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Learn to identify referral spam traffic, as well as best practices to reduce referral spam in your Google Analytics account

Guide Me
star_border

Analytics Goals / Spam

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, my apologies if this is not the correct place for this.

I am trying to figure out what would happen in the event that a user sits and hits refresh over and over on my goal URLs that I have defined. 

Does analytics have some protection around this or should I implement some cookie/session tracking on my site to avoid showing the page and triggering the analytics JS multiple times?

Any thoughts?

Analytics Goals / Spam

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

I wouldn't make any harsh changes to your analytics tracking over some theoretical circumstances that have never occurred.

Tom

Analytics Goals / Spam

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Google analytics will only ever record 1 goal completion per session for each goal type. For example I could have a destination goal for FAQpage as a destination. I could then refresh as many times as I wanted and it would only record 1 unique goal completion.

Thanks,

A

Analytics Goals / Spam

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

short sweet and to the point, makes very good sense, thank you for taking the time to respond.

Analytics Goals / Spam

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Got it, Thank you for your time answering my post!