Analytics
6.4K members online now
6.4K members online now
Learn to identify referral spam traffic, as well as best practices to reduce referral spam in your Google Analytics account

Guide Me
star_border

Adword hits from Pakistan, Iran, etc showing up as paid traffic sources but I'm not paying for it

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've set up adwords for the US, UK, Canada and Ireland. However in the realtime stats I'm getting loads of paid hits from Pakistan, middle East, Turkey, Iran you name it. Why is this the case and why it's indicated as paid? It won't show up later in the adwords report but it pollutes the analytics realtime stats.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Bernd P
June 2016

Re: Adword hits from Pakistan, Iran, etc showing up as paid traffic sources but I'm not paying for i

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Bernd

I think in your Location options (advanced) settings, you have

People in, searching for, or who show interest in my targeted location (recommended)

Which means appear for anyone from Pakistan, middle East, Turkey, Iran who shows interest in your targeted location.
For example if he/she will search " [Your targeted keyword] + [Your targeted location] "
"dating websites in USA"
You can check this, using ad preview and diagnosis tool.

Usually this kind of clicks are "fraudulent clicks" that is why , they won't show up later in the adwords report.

I will suggest you to change that setting and set as
People in my targeted location

Check the screenshot.
http://imgur.com/TOuElaW

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Bernd P
June 2016

Re: Adword hits from Pakistan, Iran, etc showing up as paid traffic sources but I'm not paying for i

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Bernd

I think in your Location options (advanced) settings, you have

People in, searching for, or who show interest in my targeted location (recommended)

Which means appear for anyone from Pakistan, middle East, Turkey, Iran who shows interest in your targeted location.
For example if he/she will search " [Your targeted keyword] + [Your targeted location] "
"dating websites in USA"
You can check this, using ad preview and diagnosis tool.

Usually this kind of clicks are "fraudulent clicks" that is why , they won't show up later in the adwords report.

I will suggest you to change that setting and set as
People in my targeted location

Check the screenshot.
http://imgur.com/TOuElaW

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Armen,
thank you very much. That fixed it.
Best,
/Bernd