Analytics
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

segment - traffic per hour

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I using  a custom segment in analytics. I want to see the traffic between 10-11h. Therfore I tried to build a custom segment:

hour = 11

http://fs5.directupload.net/images/151214/omlv32nq.png

Why is also traffic at 10h?

Thanks for your help!

Best regards

Robert

Re: segment - traffic per hour

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Robert,

If you want to look at the traffic from 10 to 11 then Ideally you need to go for hour=10, this means 10:00:00 to 10:59:59.(hh:mm:ss)

From my understanding, ideally will take the starting time of the session. But in this scenario there are active session which are started before 10:00 and continued after 10:00.

This is for sessions, but if you apply the same to pages report, then you will see some traffic at 11:00 as well, means active sessions continued accessing in the next hour as well.

Hope it helps.

Sam

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Sam,

thanks for your help. I changed the settings to "hour = 10".

But there is also traffic from 8h and 9h.

http://fs5.directupload.net/images/151214/b6vw4m3g.png

How is it possible?

I want to see only traffic from 10-11h.

Robert
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Robert Z
December 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Robert,
These are the active session in that particular hour.

Reason Behind this is: Segments purely based on active session. As you applied the Hour of the day, as said above, for that particular hour few extended sessions from previous hour.

But if you are looking for only sessions started in that hour, then you can proceed with number against 10th hour without any 2nd thought by excluding 9th and 11th hour data(But these are not the active sessions in that hour). This is accurate number started in that hour.

Sam