Analytics
2K members online now
2K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

"Search and replace" filter verification includes unrelated pages

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone

I am trying to apply a few "search and replace" filters on one of my views. It's a pretty simple operation (or at least it should be) with no regex or anything like that.

I am merely trying to replace all occurences of the URL-part "dkbedstebredbaand1" with "lp=177" (since both URL's are one and the same page due to a rather incovenient "feature" of our CMS).

So what I am trying to achieve is rewriting the url so that e.g.:

subdomain.domain.com/dkbedstebredbaand1/someotherurl?andquerystring=yay is replaced with subdomain.domain.com/lp=177/someotherurl?andquerystring=yay

When I set up the filter - as shown below - it seems to work nicely, correctly consolidating the no. of sessions and pageviews from the two URL's into one (lp=177).

However... in the "After filter applied" section a couple of completely unrelated URL's have suddenly sneaked in (see image below).

So my questions (finally) are:

• Why might this be happening?
  • How can I fix it?

filter-problems-search-and-replace.png

Thanks in advance, and have a fantastic weekend Smiley Happy

Kind regards

Niels

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: "Search and replace" filter verification includes unrela

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
I think the image would show that the left side and the right side are the same -- that just means the filter did not change the url...as it shouldn't. So -- it just shows the filter is working as expected.
Mike Sullivan, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Re: "Search and replace" filter verification includes unrela

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Mike

Thanks for your reply. I'll try to copy the view and apply the filter to the copy to double-check that everything works (or doesn't) - I'll be back Smiley Happy

/ Niels