AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

"Include" internal traffic filter - too many characters to fit into one regular expression!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

I want to view metrics internal traffic only, and I know I cannot combine multiple "include" filters. Regardless of how I combine our 60+ IP gateways into one regular expression for an "include" filter, there are at least 600 characters, far beyond Google Analytics' 255 filter character limit. Has Google or anyone else come up with another solution for this? Barely any of the IP gateway numbers match each other.

Side note: I already set up filters to exclude internal traffic in the "master" view, and I have an "unfiltered" view too, so even though I know the quantity of internal traffic (unfiltered - external traffic), I do not have any internal traffic metrics.

Thank you for your help in advance Smiley Happy

"Include" internal traffic filter - too many characters to fit into one regular expression!

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

You can create a page the sends some value as a Custom Dimension, then tell all employers to visit that page then add filter that exclude this Custom Dimension from this view.