Analytics
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

(not set) in Second Page filter

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all

When I go to Behavior -> Site Content -> Landing Page and I'm adding a filter on Second Page I having a lot of (not set) as my second page.

My question is may all of them are exists from my site?

Thanks in advance Smiley Happy

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Yaniv B
February 2016

Re: (not set) in Second Page filter

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Yaniv,

Exactly, if you've got 50% bounce rate you will see about 50% not-set second pages.

Christoph

Re: (not set) in Second Page filter

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Great Smiley Happy

Thanks Christoph

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I know this is a bit old, but I'm currently having the same issue. However, the specific page I'm looking at (step1 of my checkout process) has a 0% bounce rate yet about 60% of the sessions have a (not set) when applying the "second page" filter. Any idea why this would be happening? And how to fix it?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I was encountering a similar issue earlier today and I think its related to how Google defines bounces.  Technically, if a user event is set on your first page the user would not be considered "bouncing" despite some not seeing a second page. 

As a result, you could have non-bouncing sessions with only one page view.  To get around this, you might want to create a segment of sessions where pageviews > 1.

Hope this helps!