AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

internal IP filter and new View

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hiiii

I have applied new IP filter and create a new view called backup-view but cant see any data in mt backup view, anybody know why ?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Hamilton E
November 2015

Re: internal IP filter and new View

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Hamilton,

If you mean that you can't see data previous to the date the view was generated, that is normal. New views start from 0 since data can't be copied from one view to another.

If you mean that your new view is not registering new traffic and your main view is then you should check your filters on the backup view because most probably one of them is incorrectly configured.

Hope that helps,
Carlos
Google Analytics Rising Star | Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.' Learn how here!
Analytics Consultant at Carloseo.com - Find me on Twitter | Email me

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Hamilton E
November 2015

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Hamilton,

If you mean that you can't see data previous to the date the view was generated, that is normal. New views start from 0 since data can't be copied from one view to another.

If you mean that your new view is not registering new traffic and your main view is then you should check your filters on the backup view because most probably one of them is incorrectly configured.

Hope that helps,
Carlos
Google Analytics Rising Star | Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.' Learn how here!
Analytics Consultant at Carloseo.com - Find me on Twitter | Email me

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you Carlos