Analytics
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

combine filtering metrics and dimensions in advanced segment

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I am interested in creating a segment (or a view) that will exclude all combinations of both "service provider" and "network location" who has more than certain amount of sessions with BR over 90%. Here is the link to a photo of which type of combination I want to exclude (mark in yellow). The combination changes each month so it has to identify all the combination by the sessions and BR values.

is it possible? 

Is there any other option that our client will be able to enter the GA interface and get the filtered results he is expecting?

regards

Yaron

link to my example: https://goo.gl/CTIIBt

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: combine filtering metrics and dimensions in advanced segment

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
It sounds like you want to exclude the combination based on the Aggregated values of sessions and bounce rate. That can only be done with a post-reporting filter. Segments work against individual sessions. View filters work on individual hits.

Unfortunately custom report filters and dashboard widget filters only offer dimensions, not metrics. You would have to resort to a separate reporting tool to create such a report. You could look at Google's free Sheet Addon:
https://developers.google.com/analytics/solutions/google-analytics-spreadsheet-add-on?hl=en

Mike Sullivan, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Re: combine filtering metrics and dimensions in advanced segment

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Mike,

Thanks for the reply. Your answer fits my knowledge, I was hoping that there might be a workaround that I'm not aware of. I'm using such tool as you suggested but the customer prefer to see the things from the GA interface.

Thanks again
Yaron