Analytics
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

You are using a filtered view, which may cause your Users count to be inaccurate

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there

I need help to solve - "You are using a filtered view, which may cause your Users count to be inaccurate"

When I login into the  analytic it is showing me above message. I tired to solve it by clicking on the filter but didn't help. I have checked history, admin created  All website data filter & analytic started showing this message. The adwords data is inaccurate now (after the all website data created). Client has received close to 2000 clicks but showing only 500. I have only user access level for client analytic.

Thanks.

Cheers

Neha

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Neha S
May 2016

Re: You are using a filtered view, which may cause your Users count to be inaccurate

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Neha,
If you are getting 'filtered view alert' that means there is a filter. In order to resolve the issue you must have to remove the filter.

Every account should have one unfiltered view.

Thanks

Re: You are using a filtered view, which may cause your Users count to be inaccurate

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
more access to the account
check the adwords are linked properly to the right view
check auto tagging is turned on (if not check if a reason why not - then turn on if ok to do so)
have more than one view - as per santoch s - have a view with NO filters that heps for comparisons

update us

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks a lot, it worked using unfiltered view.

Cheers
Neha

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Neha,

We are finding similar problem in unfiltered view

I need help to solve - "We are using filtered and unfiltered view but in unfiltered view also the user count is inappropriate "

We just checked in even for the single date range the count is different for eg (for july 10 - the user count is inappropriate for unfiltered view . I know user count calculation is complication in GA

Any help on this much appreciated

Thanks.
srini

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Can you be specific as to the issue
when you say 'in filtered view the user count is inappropriate' what does that mean
- it is high or low? compared to what?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi David,

Thanks for the response

Actually the user count is in appropriate in un filtered view not filtered view (for filtered view always the user count will be difference according to this link https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2992042?hl=en

But how it is applicable for un- filtered view also

For eg ) I am creating custom report for custom dimension(eg A1 and A2) and and selecting metrics as users in that report . I am selecting the date range 16.8.2016 for the un filtered view , now the value is displaying as A1-25 A2 -35 , how this occurs it should come as A1-25 and A2-25

Thanks,
Srini k

You are using a filtered view, which may cause your Users count to be inaccurate

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

thank you neha

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I dont know what the filter is or where to find