Analytics
6.7K members online now
6.7K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

Widget filter by condition 1 -or- condition 2

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello!

I'm setting up dashboards for the different departments in my company. One of those departments is education. Our visitors can choose a theme of education they'd like to see more about, which gives an overview page of all available seminars surrounding this theme. These URLs are, e.g.

/education/seminars/theme-1

/education/seminars/theme-2

etc

The seminars themselves contain the following

/education/seminars/seminar-1

/education/seminars/seminar-2

I already made a view with a filter, only showing the results on pages containing /education/, so I can give access to the head of this department. To make things easier for them, not being analytic-savvy at all, is to give them a dashboard with a quick overview on some key statistics. One of those would be 'what are the top 10 themes clicked by our visitors' - aka, how many times did a theme page get visited.

How do I filter this in a table widget? The expressions I use in filter view do not work here (I cannot filter to only show theme-1|theme-2|theme-3 for example). Showing all seminars would mix up the actual seminars due to the URL structure. How can I get this widget to work?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Analytics I
February 2016

Re: Widget filter by condition 1 -or- condition 2

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

When you're configuring the filter are you choosing "Regular expression"?

dashbord-filter.png

View solution in original post

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
@
Hi,

so what you want to know?
1. Pageviews, unique pageviews, bounce rate, % exit etc. of pages /education/seminars/seminar-1 and /education/seminars/seminar-2
2. How many people choose theme-1 and theme-2 in for example /education/seminars/

So if I use a seminar-1 and choose theme you give me URL /education/seminars/theme-1 ?
If yes, you can built 4 segments for these with sequences. https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/3124493?hl=en#conditions

Wait for answer.
SH
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Analytics I
February 2016

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

When you're configuring the filter are you choosing "Regular expression"?

dashbord-filter.png

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
How did I not see this option...

Thank you!