Analytics
5K members online now
5K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

Why can't I get to the filter set up page?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Does anyone know why I do not seem to have the standard view when trying to apply filters. This is the only option I have when I go into filters. Filter view.JPG

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Michelle, 

You may not have the appropriate permissions. Users have 4 different levels of permissions and you need to at least have Edit permissions for the View you are working on.
Permissions can be set at the account, property or view level too, making requesting and granting access confusing. 

Check with the owner to make sure you're set up properly on the right piece of the account you need to access. 

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2884495?hl=en

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am pretty sure I have full permissions. I am currently have Manage Users, Edit, Collaborate & Analyze. I did have to go through hoops to get these permissions because the old administrator left and it was a bit of a process to get Google to grant permission without that persons response.  It is possible I am still being locked out somehow, despite having the full permissions.