AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

Where to find all the serach engines that drives traffic to our website.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

For example, we want to know which user from spain used which search engine - google.es, google.de or google.com. Any ideas?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Where to find all the serach engines that drives traffic to our website.

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Florian K,

If you want this data in Analytics and from Organic Traffic then you'll have to do a little more than use the standard tracking code.

Basically you need to capture the value of document.referrer in a custom dimension and then use that in your reports. You'll need a custom version of your tracking code or a quick edit in Google Tag Manager to pull this off.

In your use case, if you just pull it in as a secondary dimension it would give you all referral data so you would probably want to add a segment where the source is google or where the custom dimension contains google.

More on Custom Dimensions here:

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2709828?hl=en

Best,

Theo Bennett

Edit:  @Arnold M is correct if you are only interested in referrals. So for clarification, if that's all you need, follow his path as it's much easier!  Smiley Happy 

You can also get some country related data in Google Search Console, that said, if you want more than referrals (CPC & Organic) you'll need to capture the referrer as I laid out for you.    Good luck!

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn

Re: Where to find all the serach engines that drives traffic to our website.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Florian,

Please check the referral traffic report under Acquisition -> All Traffic -> Referrals. You can select country as the secondary dimension. You can also check under Audience -> Geo -> Location and select source as the secondary dimension. Hope this helps, let me know if you have questions.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital