Analytics
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

What's the best way to exclude traffic to a particular URL?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

We have a page that is displayed in an application only.

So I want to be able to filter out traffic to this page because it is skewing my results.

So I created a segment:

Conditions > Users > Exclude

Landing Page > exactly matches > /xyz/abc.html

My only problem is that the view is limited to 93 days, but I would like to be able to view a wider time frame, is this possible?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Amr :-)

Does the View contain data for a period of longer than 93 days?
If it does, then you can change the data range being viewed via clicking on the date range selector at the upper right of the report interface and editing the date range.

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I selected January 2016 to October 2016. But google informs me that because my selection and segment contain "user data" it is limiting the view to 93 days. I would like to avoid this limitation of 93 days if possible. Otherwise it renders the segment useless.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

There must be a way to set a filter/segment like this and still be able to view a time span larger than 93 days?

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star

Hi Amr,

For your segment, just change your segment to sessions and not users and you can go past the 93 day limit.

Best,

Theo Bennett

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn