Analytics
3K members online now
3K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

Visitors by unit operation countries/territories location widget

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My company has 7 operating Units, each have a set list of countries they operate in.

For example: South America operates in the following countries: Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, and Costa Rica

I would like to show a table with ONLY the operating countries for each unit.

I try to create the following widget, but it returns "There is no data for this view".

What am I doing wrong?

Save

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Clint R
November 2016

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Where the filter is applied.. use a single filter

Only Show > Country > Regular Expression > Argentina|Brazil|Chile|Colombia|Costa Rica
(the pipe character | between the country names in the regular expression means "or")

When using more than one filter, filters work in the order they are applied so if the visitor does not match the conditions set by the first filter, the visit gets discarded and doesnt make it to the 2nd filter and so on.

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Clint R 
did you try to post an image in your post? If so, im unable to see it.
Are you able to try and repost the image or give further info about the widget you are trying to
create.

If it is a new view that the filter is being applied to, new Views do not populate with past historical data so the filter validation often doesnt give a clear indication whether the filter is correct or not as a new View does not contain a necessary amount of data for it to give a result.

If you are using a single include filter based on country

with the following regular expression: Argentina|Brazil|Chile|Colombia|Costa Rica
It should work.

I'm assuming you have created a test View to test the filter on before applying it to what will

be a main reporting View once the filtering is correctly setup on it.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the help @Bronwyn V

See if this link works for you.

https://goo.gl/photos/ZvdYbsbRPu7pfJVV6

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Clint R
November 2016

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Where the filter is applied.. use a single filter

Only Show > Country > Regular Expression > Argentina|Brazil|Chile|Colombia|Costa Rica
(the pipe character | between the country names in the regular expression means "or")

When using more than one filter, filters work in the order they are applied so if the visitor does not match the conditions set by the first filter, the visit gets discarded and doesnt make it to the 2nd filter and so on.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

awwww! @Bronwyn V your are the best!

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Happy to be of help :-))