Analytics
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

View goals ( conversions ) with direct path or from another path

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I want to set up a new goal that i can see conversions(download event) for specific landing page from organic search? I do not know if I made myself understood but I will try to explain with an example how I want to be my report.

I have a landing page : /product-page.html

In this "/product-page.html" i have a button named "Donwload".

I want to see report about how many downloads comes from organic search and how many downloads come from another internal path, for example :

/index.html -> /category.html -> /product-page.html -> Download 

OR

Organic search -> /category.html -> /product-page.html -> Download

Can anyone help me with this ? I didnt see any tutorial for this ... :/

Thank you !

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Catalin T
December 2015

Re: View goals ( conversions ) with direct path or from another path

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello Catlin,

To do this you will have to set up an event. They are quite hard to explains so I will link you to some Youtube tutorials that should help you create these events. Once you have set up the events you will then create a goal.

There are two ways you can create an event- Adding code to the button or by using Google tag manager. I am unsure of your set up therefore I will link you to both.

Once the goals are set up it would then be a case of segmenting this data? Please reply If you need help segmenting the data. (segments can be found at the top of most reports).

If you are familiar with Google Tag please see how to implement event tracking
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaJ9HHvKeL8&feature=iv&src_vid=YUKB-1Ay5lY&annotation_id=annotation_...

Standard implementation
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIKtEgnEteU

Re: View goals ( conversions ) with direct path or from another path

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Olufunmi S,
First of all, i want to thank you for your answer. Now i have some question for you or anyone who want.

With GTM i know i can counter all conversions (checkout complete), but i dont know how can i do this to segmentation each conversions.
I want to see :

- how many conversions comes from organic search ( and which was: google,bing,yahoo,etc );
- how many conversions comes from social ( facebook,twitter, linkedin, google+, etc );
- how many conversions comes from display ( utm campaigns : newsletters, links, promotional banners );

All of this, i want to see the conversions even if they didn't "add to cart" on first page entered. For example:

Customer a joined in product page Laptop X (link with UTM campaign ), but the next action is to go on category pages, chose another product and now he did "addtocart". It's possible to see these actions with GTM ? Because i know many people doesnt click on "add to cart" when join in page and he is trying to search for more informations, and this action lose the utm code from link, but is named Assisted conversions, right?

I know to GTM i can counter how many people clicks on "add to cart" button and exit on checkout page ( abandoned cart ), i want to track this.

If someone subscribed on newsletter, i know i can see the path url ( on which page the customer did subscribe ) but i don't know if i can see from where comes ( organic, utm campaigns , social ).

Sry for my bad english.... !

Thank you ! Smiley Happy

P.S I forgot to ask if we can track a customer/visitor actions like:

Visitor comes from organic to a blog post, it click on button( from finish of content) "view this category" button and after click on a product page, click on buy now and finish with success or leave it.

or

Visitor comes from organic to a blog post, click on button( at finish of content) "view this category" button and after click on a product page, click on a link from description (product page) that it goes to another page and comes back to product page and click on buy now.

I can do this with google tag manager, like an event ?