Analytics
5K members online now
5K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

View gets updated once in 2 days

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I made a view which contains an additional (custom) filter.
However, it shows 2 days old data everytime, i.e., the data (pageviews, sessions etc), till the current date and 2 days ago is always the same.

Any idea on what could be the possible reasons?

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Puja S
July 2016

Re: View gets updated once in 2 days

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi :-)
a data processing latency of 24-48hr is considered normal. oFen you will get data on the same day, but its not guaranteed..

There are certain data limits that if over stepped will result in slower processing of reports.
Filters dont work to reduce the number of hits sent to google, only the data that gets sent into your reports
For more info on report freshness and data limits:
https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1070983?hl=en

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Puja S
July 2016

Re: View gets updated once in 2 days

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi :-)
a data processing latency of 24-48hr is considered normal. oFen you will get data on the same day, but its not guaranteed..

There are certain data limits that if over stepped will result in slower processing of reports.
Filters dont work to reduce the number of hits sent to google, only the data that gets sent into your reports
For more info on report freshness and data limits:
https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1070983?hl=en

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here