AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

View Settings - Default Page - GA appends entered value to all pages

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

I added the value 'index.php' in the field Default Page in the View Settings page of my customer's account. 

In my world, what this functionality was made to do is to make sure we don't have "/" and "/index.php" separately in the content reports. 

Since then /index.php was appended to all recorded URI's. I'll work around it with a filter instead, but what do you guys think, are we

talking a bug or a feature?Screen Shot 2017-04-13 at 14.07.09.png

thanks

René

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rene N
April 2017

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

René,

It's a feature.  The setting is a little outdated as it harkens back to a time when all pages would have something.html.   It's best fixed on the server side with htacess or iis for windows servers.

Best,

Theo Bennett

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rene N
April 2017

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

René,

It's a feature.  The setting is a little outdated as it harkens back to a time when all pages would have something.html.   It's best fixed on the server side with htacess or iis for windows servers.

Best,

Theo Bennett

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn