Analytics
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

View Filter by City Not Working

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi guys,

So I'm new to view filters and GA in general, but have been wanting to explore further. I tried creating a view filter for a city (Jakarta) as you can see below:

Screen Shot 2017-05-30 at 9.58.06 AM.png

Waited about a week, but then when I look at the analytics data it still has sessions from other cities that are not Jakarta as specified in the filter. Like this:

Screen Shot 2017-05-30 at 10.00.47 AM.png

Tried changing the dates to different ranges but it's still showing these other cities that are not Jakarta. Also compared the data in this view to the 'All Website Data' view and the Jakarta percentage in this view is much higher (98-ish%) so the filter is definitely doing something. I just can't figure out why it's not filtering out these other non-Jakarta cities. Can someone help tell me what I did wrong? Thank you so much!

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Lilian, 

You can use advance filters for the same. In the Behavior - Sitecontent report 
use secondary dimensions for city - then click on the advance filters. 

In advance filters include City containing Jakarta. Then click on "Apply." This will provide you the pageviews for all the traffic from Jakarta. 

Kindly let me know if there is any query.

Email: sahil.agg1989@gmail.com
Twitter: @digi_sahil31

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Same problem here, Trying to filter a city in admin but nothing happens.. any suggestions?