Analytics
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

Using View Filters in other Views?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I run an ecommerce site, and I'm trying to create a filter to view all my transactions that earned fewer than $100. I then would like to see what the demographics and other patterns of this audience may be.

I created a filter within the 'sales performance' view that filtered my audience. Can I then save that filtered audience and apply other views to that population? When I try to navigate to any other view (Audience, Acquisition, etc). That filter is cleared.

I tried to apply an 'admin' level filter to create that audience, but it doesn't give me the necessary fields to create the filter I need.

Sorry for what may an elementary question. Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Using View Filters in other Views?

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
You can try creating a segment. That should be available across Audience, Acquisition, etc.

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/3124493?hl=en

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks, A T.

I tried creating a segment. In the Enhanced Ecommerce section, I chose to segment users who 'purchased an item' (button) with Revenue < 100. That returned 99.2 percent of my audience, indicating that it's also including people who did not purchase an item (99% of my users did not purchae an item). Any idea why? Thanks
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ed H
July 2016

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Hi Ed,

AT gave you some good advice on using segments. I'm not a big fan of using the predefined areas in the segment builder as sometimes, as in your case, you don't get what you expect. What you're experiencing is definitely counter-intuitive.

I've created one here for you that is session (You can change to users but I can't recall if the revenue would roll up) based that should work for you:

https://analytics.google.com/analytics/web/template?uid=XY1CEmNWS76jI63ss1v-HQ

Best,

Theo Bennett
Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Wow, Theo - thank you so much! This seems to do exactly what I need. Thank you for taking the time to not only explain, but to build me a solution. I appreciate it very much.

Thank you as well, A.T. for the great advice.

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star
Hey Ed,

No worries and happy analyzing!

Best,

Theo Bennett
Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn