Unlocking Not Provided Keywords
- Create a new View (aka Profile)—instructions here.
- Click “Admin” in the upper right-hand corner.
- In the right column, select the View you want the filter applied to.
- Click “”
- Click the “New Filter”
- Name it.
- Select “Custom Filter.”
- Click the “Advanced” radio button.
- Next to “Field A -> Extract A,” select “Campaign Term” from the drop down, and then type (.not provided.) into the field.
- Next to “Field B -> Extract B,” select “Request URI” from the drop down, and then type (.*) into the field.
- Next to “Output To -> Constructor,” select “Campaign Term” from the drop down, and type np - $B1.
- Select the “Yes” radio button for “Field A Required,” “Field B Required” and “Override Output Field.”
- Select the “No” radio button for “Case Sensitive.”
- Hit the save button at the bottom.
Its is ok i get the landing page URL using this filter but I have some confusion in filter setting like
1. what is the mean of (.*) value
2. and what is the mean of np - $B1.
Re: Unlocking Not Provided Keywords
You wont get the (not provided) keywords, google does not pass that data along to the reports.
Make sure you have your main View without any filters applied to it.. so you always have an unedited copy of all site data.
(.*) is a regular expression. a wildcard variable.- it will capture and extract, whatever the value is for the Request URI when a site visitor shows up from the (not provided) keyword.
type np - $B1 is based on another regular expression. -it will replace the Campaign Source (not provided) with np - and the Request URI that is captured and extracted by “Field B -> Extract B,” select “Request URI”
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here