AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

Undo Exclude Internal IP from All Website Data View

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi There, 

A quick question as I'm a little worried about whether I've done any permanent damage to my all website data view (main view). I accidentally added the 'exclude internal IP filter' to my main website data view instead of creating a new one and applying it there. After realizing my mistake, I removed the filter from the 'all website data' view, and applied it to a new 'marketing' view I just created.

I'm wondering if adding this filter and and then removing it, will impact my data for the next few days or if there are any longer term impacts? Any tips on your own experience would be extremely helpful.

Thank you in advance!

Johanna

1 Expert replyverified_user

Undo Exclude Internal IP from All Website Data View

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi :-)
Filters permanently alter data for the period of time they are applied.
Once you remove a filter, that data for that time range will not be restored in the reports.
Usually reporting will return to normal from the time the filter is removed however it may take a day

or so for it to be apparent in the reports since report data can sometimes have an approx 48hr  processing

latency 

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here