Analytics
5.6K members online now
5.6K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

Unable to create filter at view level in Google Analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I am unable to create new filter (or any filter for that matter) for a given vie, despite having the requisite rights. I have the Manage, edit, read rights for an account and when I go to create a new filter through the following path, i do not see any option to create a new filter

Path - GA Home -> Admin -> Account -> Property -> View -> Test View -> Filters

Under Filters, next stage should be "Create a new filter" with a '+' sign before it. Instead of this, i have a screen which has 3 unclickable tabs: Rank, Filter name and filter type. Under them, a text is written which says

"There is no data for this view"

Please help me understand the problem as I created this view more than 24 hours ago but the option to create a filter at view level is yet to be available to me

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Suyash B
January 2016

Re: Unable to create filter at view level in Google Analytics

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Suyash,

To create the filters you want to work at a "view" level and not an "account" level (unless you have pre existing filters). Go to Admin > View > Filters and then +Add Filter . I hope this helps Smiley Happy

If this does not work then you have the wrong access to create filters. If you go to Admin > Account > User Management and are not allowed to add users then you will also not have permission to add filters.

You will then need to gain admin access by following these steps : https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/AdWords-Tracking-and-Reporting/How-to-gain-access-to-your-...

Re: Unable to create filter at view level in Google Analytics

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Do you have edit permission at the account level? Excerpt from https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2884495?hl=en:

Edit: Can perform administrative and report-related functions (e.g., add/edit/delete accounts, properties, views, filters, goals, etc., but not manage users), and see report data.

Edit permission is required at the account level to create filters. Edit permission is required at the view level to apply filters.

Includes Collaborate.