Analytics
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

Trying to filter request URI but when I verify the URL is connected to so many pages

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

I am trying to filter out a confirmation page from being tracked in our Google Analytics account. Went to filters, custom, Request URI, put in the URL (/success) and verified - when I verified it listed so many pages connected to the site that I do not want to filter. How can I filter out just that exact URL???

Thank you!

Kate

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kate S
March 2016

Re: Trying to filter request URI but when I verify the URL is connected to so many pages

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Kate :-)
Have you created another View for testing filters?
You should leave the original View without any filters applied to it. this will ensure you have a full unedited
copy of data should it be needed at any stage.
Then create another View - called a Master View.. this is used for general reporting.
And then another View called Test View or similar.
This would be the recommended thing to do, that way you can setup a filter
in the Test View, let it run for a couple of days to see the results
and then delete it or remove it and apply it to the Master View

Try the following in the filter field /success$

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Re: Trying to filter request URI but when I verify the URL is connected to so many pages

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I do have a filtered view that I'll add to and test so that I can leave my master view alone - thanks for the help

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

If you have further questions pls post back

Thanks
Bronwyn :-)

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here