AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

Trying to filter request URI but when I verify the URL is connected to so many pages

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

I am trying to filter out a confirmation page from being tracked in our Google Analytics account. Went to filters, custom, Request URI, put in the URL (/success) and verified - when I verified it listed so many pages connected to the site that I do not want to filter. How can I filter out just that exact URL???

Thank you!

Kate

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kate S
March 2016

Re: Trying to filter request URI but when I verify the URL is connected to so many pages

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Kate :-)
Have you created another View for testing filters?
You should leave the original View without any filters applied to it. this will ensure you have a full unedited
copy of data should it be needed at any stage.
Then create another View - called a Master View.. this is used for general reporting.
And then another View called Test View or similar.
This would be the recommended thing to do, that way you can setup a filter
in the Test View, let it run for a couple of days to see the results
and then delete it or remove it and apply it to the Master View

Try the following in the filter field /success$

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kate S
March 2016

Re: Trying to filter request URI but when I verify the URL is connected to so many pages

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Kate :-)
Have you created another View for testing filters?
You should leave the original View without any filters applied to it. this will ensure you have a full unedited
copy of data should it be needed at any stage.
Then create another View - called a Master View.. this is used for general reporting.
And then another View called Test View or similar.
This would be the recommended thing to do, that way you can setup a filter
in the Test View, let it run for a couple of days to see the results
and then delete it or remove it and apply it to the Master View

Try the following in the filter field /success$

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I do have a filtered view that I'll add to and test so that I can leave my master view alone - thanks for the help

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

If you have further questions pls post back

Thanks
Bronwyn :-)