Analytics
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

Trying to create a view of all traffic referred from a specific site

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'd like to create a view that shows all traffic referred from a specific site. My goal is to give the referring site access to the analytics for the traffic that came from them, but not any other traffic. Is this possible?

I tried creating a new view and then setting a filter, type predefined, include only, traffic from the ISP domain, that include XXX.com. This doesn't give me any results, though. 

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lina89462367574
March 2016

Re: Trying to create a view of all traffic referred from a specific site

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

You have to use custom filter and filter data by "Campaign Source" field.

custom-filter-campaign-source.png

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you, this worked perfectly Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Tomasz,

I want to create filtered view for a specific referral site (e.g. test.com/referral) so that goal funnel & drop-offs can be tracked exclusively for this referral. When I tried creating view using above method (i.e. test\.com) and clicked on Verify filter, before filtered apply section shows data from all sources. But after filtered apply shows no data at all. Can you tell what should be the reason for this.

Other way to track drop-offs, I think is, by creating above referral as segment and get unique pageview count from All Pages report. Pages in my funnel are A>B>C>D>E. Visitor has to go through A>D in order to reach destination E.
Is this alternate method, a correct way to estimate drop-offs?

Thanks.