Analytics
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

Tracking same HTML coding pages on different URL

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone!

I would like to track the overall performance of several main pages (not regions vs other regions) at once. This is to see what pages within certain groups are performing well internationally and which ones might not. The issue is the pages are divided by geographical region and while the html coding for the actual page may be the same, the url is not (which I typically would want) within Analytics. This makes it so I cannot track the overall page performance quickly and easily when comparing it to thousands of others. Ex: /us/about/news/, /mx/about/news/, /ca/about/news/, compared to /us/about/events/, /mx/about/events/, /ca/about/events/. 

I could look at each individual page and take that report, which would give me the numbers for all regions; however, I am looking at doing this for hundreds of pages. If there is some sort of filter, that would speed up the job significantly. Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance for any recommendations!

-Stephen

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

You could try experimenting with custom segments using Demographics > Location. This would generate reports with up to 4 segments at a time. 

As an alternative, you could use a secondary dimension for Country and then use a filter for page containing "/about/events/". This would capture all the instances of that page under the various regions you have established.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This won't quite work because we have several regions for every page. I want to see and compare the overall performance of several different pages in the about section. When they are spread out over different regions, it gets tricky. Certain regions might not get any traffic others have a ton. I just want to see the overall traffic to the pages. The ideal would be if I could make a segment to view a region as if it weren't there or replace it with /all/ for analytics purposes and total all regions. That way I can compare pages like /events/, /news/, /history/ and not be going to these individual pages to check overall traffic.