Analytics
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

Tracking queries for sub directory view on Google Analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

I have a site xyz.com, for which I have a blog with decent traffic at www.xyz.com/blog

At some point, I decided to track a sub-directory for a product - xyz.com/product so I created a view to capture data for all pages starting with "/product" onwards. Eg. /product/features; /product/affiliate etc.

I am assuming that visitors typically will land on xyz.com/blog >> xyz.com/product >> xyz.com/product/features as the sub-directory is not that well-known.

The problem I am facing is that am not able to pinpoint query data or landing page data for this view only. I want to capture what query a visitor used to come to the blog landing page and then moved to the sub-directory pages.

Can someone help me? Thanks in advance.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Praveen R
June

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Praveen,

You really don't need a view for this (although you could).  Did you also create a new property?  

If you have one tracker for the entire customer journey you can simply look at your content reports to see the sub-directory.  A good one to start with would be the content drilldown report or you could simply filter the all pages report by adding ^/product to the table filter field.

Best,

Theo Bennett

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Praveen R
June

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Praveen,

You really don't need a view for this (although you could).  Did you also create a new property?  

If you have one tracker for the entire customer journey you can simply look at your content reports to see the sub-directory.  A good one to start with would be the content drilldown report or you could simply filter the all pages report by adding ^/product to the table filter field.

Best,

Theo Bennett

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn