AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
3.9K members online now
3.9K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

Tracking Individual URLs traffic change based on Location

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello community members.

I need your help in tracking individual posts traffic change based on location. For example I want to track the percentage change of traffic of individual posts based on location. So that I can know from which country the traffic has increased for a particular post on daily,weekly or monthly basis.

There is option available under Benchmarking>Location but it does not show the traffic change for individual posts.

Is this possible through Analytics? If yes how?

If not possible, what other options I have to achieve this.

I will really appreciate your help regarding this type of tracking.

Regards

Bilal Ahmad

Re: Tracking Individual URLs traffic change based on Location

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Bilal,

I think it is possible, but my first question would be, why would you like to monitor this? Especially on a daily basis?
In my opinion this data should be actionable. If it is actionable for you and you are really going to use it to improve/optimize your website outcome, then go on. If not, re-think what information you really need.

In Google Analytics you have all the information you need:
- Landing page (dimension)
- Country (dimension)
- Landing page sessions or entrances (metric)

If you combine this information you can re-structure your initial question. However, this is something I would not try to replicate IN Google Analytics.

You rather want to use an external tool. This Google Sheets add-on can help you out to automatically export the data that you need on a daily, weekly or monthly basis.

Link to add-on: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/google-analytics/fefimfimnhjjkomigakinmjileehfopp?hl=en.

Link to metrics and dimensions overview: https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/reporting/core/dimsmets.

Then it comes down to your knowledge of formulas and visuals in Excel to turn your data into actionable insights.

I hope this helps you in the right direction!
Paul