Analytics
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

Tracking Individual URLs traffic change based on Location

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello community members.

I need your help in tracking individual posts traffic change based on location. For example I want to track the percentage change of traffic of individual posts based on location. So that I can know from which country the traffic has increased for a particular post on daily,weekly or monthly basis.

There is option available under Benchmarking>Location but it does not show the traffic change for individual posts.

Is this possible through Analytics? If yes how?

If not possible, what other options I have to achieve this.

I will really appreciate your help regarding this type of tracking.

Regards

Bilal Ahmad

Re: Tracking Individual URLs traffic change based on Location

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Bilal,

I think it is possible, but my first question would be, why would you like to monitor this? Especially on a daily basis?
In my opinion this data should be actionable. If it is actionable for you and you are really going to use it to improve/optimize your website outcome, then go on. If not, re-think what information you really need.

In Google Analytics you have all the information you need:
- Landing page (dimension)
- Country (dimension)
- Landing page sessions or entrances (metric)

If you combine this information you can re-structure your initial question. However, this is something I would not try to replicate IN Google Analytics.

You rather want to use an external tool. This Google Sheets add-on can help you out to automatically export the data that you need on a daily, weekly or monthly basis.

Link to add-on: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/google-analytics/fefimfimnhjjkomigakinmjileehfopp?hl=en.

Link to metrics and dimensions overview: https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/reporting/core/dimsmets.

Then it comes down to your knowledge of formulas and visuals in Excel to turn your data into actionable insights.

I hope this helps you in the right direction!
Paul