Analytics
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

There is no data for this view

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, I have set up 3 views for my property as recommended by the analytics fundamentals course. I am trying to set up a filter on the test view to remove internal IP traffic but i see a message saying 'there is no data for this view'. I don't understand as in the reports I can see data so I know the tracking code is correct. Can anybody offer any advice please?

many thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: There is no data for this view

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Sopie,

maybe you set up the view only 1-2 days ago - sometimes it needs some time to get started.

Or did you maybe apply a filter to the view that removed all of the traffic?

Christoph

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Can you post a screenshot of the filter setup itself?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

If you are in the office, try going to an obscure page and find yourself in the Real Time > Content report. Switch to another obscure page and watch yourself switch between each page a few times (usually a 5-10 second delay). Now add your IP Address filter and then try switching pages again. It shouldn't update. The last view will stay there for a little bit.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi David, thanks for your reply...the trouble is I cannot set up a filter at all as GA is telling me there is no data available - this is the root of my confusion!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for your reply....I am trying to set up a filter but there is no option to as GA is telling me there is no data...even on older views that are months old it still displays a message to say no data! Very confused indeed.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Can you attach a screenshot?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Sophie, I had this exact same problem and I was tearing my hair out. This may not solve it for you but what I found was that under PROPERTY I had "I agree to the User-ID Policy" set to ON. I turned it OFF and my data started appearing.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Sophie,

Think I'm having the same issue.. Did you get it resolved?
Thanks

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I am having the same issue. I allowed for multiple days to pass and there is traffic to the site, but I still can't set up a filter!

Screenshot of the filter screen on my test view: 

<edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

Screenshot of Reporting on Test View: 

<edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, per Community Posting Guidelines. This was done in order to remove two screenshots that included private information such as an email address, an account ID, or similar 
Please feel free to re-post the screenshot after having removed or entirely obscured any an all information that has the potential to put your accounts and/or your privacy at risk, when published in a public forum. Thank you for your understanding.