Analytics
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

The number of goal completions is different in property views

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Guys,

I have two views, one includes all the traffic to my site (Lets call it View A) and the other excludes the internal traffic and shows the real customer traffic (View B).

Both have the same goal completion setting, with the same destination page and goal value.

Logically View A should have more goal completions or same number as the View B. But in my case its the other way, View B has like 3 times the number of goal completions than the View A.

Let me know if you need anymore information.

Thanks for your help,

Navi

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: The number of goal completions is different in property views

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Navi,

Are all other filters the same? Is the goal set to the same match type in both views and have they been set up for the entire time that you are viewing in your date range?

You may also want to look to see by geo, source or hostname to help identify from where the conversions are coming.

Best,

Theo Bennett
Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn

Re: The number of goal completions is different in property views

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks for the reply Theo. Yes the goals are set up the same match type and were set up the whole duration of the time and View A has no filters and View B do have filters to block the internal traffic and testers.

I will check the geo, and hostname for the conversions.

Navi