Analytics
3.5K members online now
3.5K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

Tag not fired in page for Google Tag Manager and impact on Google Analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

I´m experiencing some issues with a a landing page which has a Tag Manager code in it, however, when when I check through Google Tag Assistant the debugger shows that the virtual event is not fired.

When fired we were supposed to get some information that helps to understand user behaviour in this form.

URL: Willax Landing

captura evento.JPG

Here you can see how is this tag configured in Tag Manager:

virtual event tag.JPG

And here the trigger associated to it:

virtual event trigger.JPG

This is in example of a previous landing page, in this case, we got values for elements like category, action and label which help to understand the landing performance in Google Analytics . The workspace hasn't changed either.

01.png

Thanks in advance for your answers!

Greetings,

Gian.

Tag not fired in page for Google Tag Manager and impact on Google Analytics

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Gian,

I see that you have a Click -All Element type trigger and you are trying to fire your tag with it. In this case, you should have 'gtm.click' as your event name in your trigger definition not 'virtualEvent' because when you create a Click -All Element trigger, that's the event name that will be pushed into the dataLayer. Additionally, you can set your trigger conditions on the "Click -All Element" trigger otherwise, your event will be fired each time when user clicks somewhere on the page.

I hope this helps.

Regards