Analytics
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

Source/Medium Issues

N/A
# 1
N/A

Hi

First post in here and I am sure won't be the last one. Please be patient.

I have had a problem with one of my websites. The revenue generated from organic traffic started going down and down and down etc (you get the picture) but the total revenue was going slightly up all the time. The source that was bringing that growth was referral.

I checked in the sources for those sales and found the following

securesuite.co.uk

secure4.arcot.com

secure7.arcot.com

secure5.arcot.com

secure6.arcot.com

tsys.arcot.com

clicksafe.lloydstsb.com

secure.barclaycard.co.uk

verifiedbyvisa.barclays.co.uk

All sending sales to the website.

I think these are just credit card pages that users may visit while in the checkout process but I am not sure what they are or why they show here.

I am sure there are no links on those pages to mine.

I would like to know how to filter these websites out and to have Organic as the source for those sales. I have tried Referral Exclusion List which sort of works but I still can see them in the source list and they are still showing £4,702.96 as referral traffic when it should  be Organic one.

Any help would be more than welcome.

Cheers

rafa

1 Expert replyverified_user

Source/Medium Issues

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Rafa,

You should add these to referral exclusion only if they are legitimate third party payment gateways to which your checkout process flows. Arcot seems to be an authentication solution so it may be a flaw in how your site is handling the user flow. 

I suggest that you use Tag Assistant (avail in the Chrome store) do a test checkout and record the steps to see if you have good consistent tagging throughout the process.  

Best,

Theo Bennett

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn