Analytics
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

Shared Dashboard Widget - How to display only specified referral sources?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there, 

I have a dashboard set up for a certain piece of content, it includes the usual suspects such as device type, pageviews, avg session duration, source etc... However, i've had a request from a stakeholder around referrals. 

So the scenario is, i've got a widget set up pulling the full referral path to said piece of content as well as avg session duration of users from that referrer. However, as we are working with several partners on this content, the stakeholder has asked that we only show the referral stats from these partners. I've got a 10 row display where only 2 of 5 partner referrers are being displayed (due to the others not pulling their weight around promotion).

Is there a filter or condition i can use that will display only the stats of 5 specific referrers?

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Craig M
August 2016

Re: Shared Dashboard Widget - How to display only specified referral sources?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hey Craig,

I'm not enitrely following what you are doing; that said, have you tried to add a filter to the widget using the referrer>> operator as regular expression and piping the sources e.g. google|bing|aol where these values are your referrers? The pipe means "or".

Best,

Theo Bennett
Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Top man Theo! Thanks for the soln.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
No worries!

Cheers,

Theo
Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn