Analytics
6.1K members online now
6.1K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

Self Referral issue | Server redirect

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Website has self referral issues, so almost all of the traffic is not attributed correctly to the source, i have tried everything i can but im hitting a brick wall. i need to make sure the website is not showing up in the referral source and is attributing the correct channel with traffic.

Problem.

Website does a redirect due to a server so it goes from website.com to website.com/website/ , i have asked that the analytics code be added to the redirect, but how can it be added in the redirect and how can i check this?

We don’t serve a page at website.com before redirecting to website.com/website. The redirect happens on the webserver and the entire request is forwarded onto the .../website landing page. We don’t think we can execute the analytics code as part of the redirect due to no page being served.

Self Referral issue | Server redirect

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi @Anono M,

If you have server redirect, default acquisition sources(organic, referral etc.) should be passed automatically but for acquisition with UTM parameters, the situation is different. You should have UTM parameters on the redirected URL as well.

Additionally, I suggest you to avoid client side redirect because of SEO and Correct Landing Page reasons.

I hope this helps.

Regards