Analytics
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

Segments disappear from dashboard

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Every time I log into Google Analytics and open my custom dashboard, I have to remove the "All Users" segment and reapply my custom segment. Is there not a way to lock in a segment on a custom dashboard? 

Thanks! 

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Marcus M
May 2016

Re: Segments disappear from dashboard

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hey Marcus,

Good question but the answer is no. You can lock in segments on other reports by saving the configuration as a shortcut but you cannot shortcut dashboards at this time. You can also schedule the dashboard to be sent you you via email with a segment applied but not in the interface.

I get tapped to do usability tests for GA from time to time and will share. That said, Google Data Studio will give you the functionality you need and in a way that blows away normal dashboards... So stay tuned to see if that's a fit for you.

Best,

Theo Bennett
Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I created a dashboard and set up a weekly email schedule. Subsequently, I added a second segment to the dashboard but it did not show up in my weekly email. Do I need to delete the current schedule, add the segment, and then create a new schedule in order for it to use both segments in my weekly email?

Thanks.
Dan

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Hey Dan,

The original configuration with one segment would be saved and scheduled. If you want a second or both segments applied, you'll need to apply the desired segment(s) and then schedule the report. In this case, just select "add to an exiting email" option after you click email and then add it to what you have scheduled. Then go into admin>>view>>scheduled emails. When you select the email you'll see two reports with the same name - the first is the original configuration, delete it.

Best,

Theo Bennett
Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Great, thanks for your reply.
Dan