Analytics
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

Seeing traffic for 1 subdirectory only?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Im completely new to Google Analytics.

I would like to see traffic over the last few months only for /subdirectory/ on my site.

I think I am supposed to create a filter, and select based on subdirectory, and use "All website data" as my source.

Right so far?

Okay so is it true that it takes 24 hours to show me this information?   Seems very weird considering all the data from the past is already there.  Should be instant.

Second, where do I go to see this data, because I don't see it after I create the filter...

Lastly, is there any risk that my filter will affect my overall website traffic reporting?  I got some vibe that a filter can actually *become* your new standard view, and I don't want my "all website data" to be affected.

How can I accomplish this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kevin R
August 2016

Re: Seeing traffic for 1 subdirectory only?

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Always keep a raw view with no filters applied.

For traffic from only one directory, create a new view, add filter and wait for data to get collected.

Time can vary from 2hrs. to 24 hrs.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kevin R
August 2016

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Always keep a raw view with no filters applied.

For traffic from only one directory, create a new view, add filter and wait for data to get collected.

Time can vary from 2hrs. to 24 hrs.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you. Creating a new view was the missing piece. Crazy how much time I spent googling this and couldn't find that information. So I chose View > Copy View > Name view ... i assume thats how you "Add a new view" (would it kill them to put a button that says "Add View" ? )

Then I created a filter and applied it there.