AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

See desktop traffic in Mobile Device filter view.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

After applying the filter 'Include - Device Category - Mobile' still can see some desktop traffic (0.33%). Almost all the traffic is coming from CPC. Why is it so? Why the filter does not work?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi :-)
Are you making sure to only look at data from the day after the filter was applied?
Filters do not change historical data and it can take around 24hrs for changes to show in reported data, 

so be sure to change the selected date range at the upper right to include only data from after the day the filter was applied

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The filter was applied on the 9th of December. And now I am checking data since the 1st of January. I tend to believe that it is due to the data from AdWords because 12 accounts linked to the property. Any thoughts?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I'm so out of the loop on adwords stuff at this point in time.
Why/how would adwords affect whether its tracked by analytics

as mobile (or not) - genuine question, interested in hearing your thoughts on that.

Is it real data or possibly data spam (not real visits to the site)?

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here