AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

Same page different URI

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Working with a friend to start using Google Analytics for their blog. 

In the Behavior -> Site Content -> All pages data we have a problem where the same blog is appearing but with a slightly different URI. An example is below:

www.example.com/2014/06/gin-and-tonic-cake.html?

www.example.com/2014/06/gin-and-tonic-cake.html?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=the_archers&ns_source...

Is there a filter that could group these together? It's happening on almost every page on the blog. 

The platform is Blogger. Thanks for your help!

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Peter M
August 2016

Re: Same page different URI

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi,

In your view settings you need to add the url parameters (ns_mcchannel, ns_campaign...) as a comma-separated list to the Exclude URL Query Parameters field.

Please check in document below, this setting will remove the URL parameters from the reports from now on, it will not affect historical data.

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1010249?hl=en

Hope this helps.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Peter M
August 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi,

In your view settings you need to add the url parameters (ns_mcchannel, ns_campaign...) as a comma-separated list to the Exclude URL Query Parameters field.

Please check in document below, this setting will remove the URL parameters from the reports from now on, it will not affect historical data.

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1010249?hl=en

Hope this helps.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Peter :-)
If you want to strip off all the query parameters on all urls.. make sure to create a new View then create a Search and Replace filter with the following regex
\?.*
Leave the replace field blank
Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here