Analytics
3K members online now
3K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

Reports not excluding my IP address

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello! I believe I've done absolutely everything to make sure that my IP address isn't included in the reports. I've added it using the filter as per the instructions, I'm definitely viewing the report for the view that excludes my IP, and I've now waited for more than 24 hours. My activity is still showing in real time (and it's definitely me), and I'm now completely out of ideas. I hope someone can help, because this is driving me completely crazy, and obviously badly distorting my reports.

Re: Reports not excluding my IP address

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Annukka,

Have you checked that you've added the exclude IP address filter to the view that you're looking at? To check, you can click on 'Admin' on the top nav and then select the view from the dropdown under the 'view' column. Then click on the 'filters' and check if that specific exclude IP filter is added to that view.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Syed,

Yes, I'm definitely viewing the report for the view that excludes my IP.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Ok. Have you used the IP address that you get from http://whatismyipaddress.com/? It'll be helpful if you can give a screenshot of this filter.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes, I just checked it again. For some reason I can't attach a screenshot, but I've done this: Filter Type: Predefined | Exclude | traffic from the IP addresses | that are equal to | [my IP].

I wonder if this text that appears "Analytics cannot provide a preview for this filter: previews for advanced filters and location-based filters (e.g. IP address, Country) are not supported at this time." has something to do with it?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
This is only for previews, so it shouldn't affect the exclusion of the traffic of this IP address from the reports for that view. If you've multiple filters to that view, then make sure this is on top of the filter order. If it still doesn't work, then change it to custom filter option and see if this works.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks, I'll try that. and give it a few hours. Thanks for your help! Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I tried both of your suggestions above, and to no avail. I also waited several hours, and it's still showing my activity.... Do you have any other ideas? Oh and I copied my main view one more time, to start from scratch. Added the filter and still no luck