Analytics
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

Renamed and new views not showing data in home view

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I just accessed the Google Analytics account for a brand website at my new job. They haven't done anything to the account since it was set up, so it's full with spam referrals. 

I started to filter out spam referrals in the original "all website data" view. Then I realized this was a mistake so I deleted the filters and renamed the original view to:

- Unfiltered View

and copied unfiltered view and created two new views:

- Master View

- Test View

Thinking I would test to apply filters in "test view" and then to the "master view". I was disappointed to find out that historical data do not transfer to the new "copied" views, but that seems inevitable. 

Now to the real problem. New visits are registering in all views once I go into them respectively, but in the general overview under "Home" no traffic at all is showing. All three view show 0 traffic here. Why? 

Thankful for any help I can get!!!

/Ylva

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Renamed and new views not showing data in home view

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi,

It can take up to 24 hours for the data to start appear in a new view. If it has not been 24hrs since you created the new views just wait and the data will appear. Hope this helps.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Re: Renamed and new views not showing data in home view

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Does this apply for new data in a renamed view as well? Thank you so much for your reply.