AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

Referral Traffic Filter

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am getting majority of traffic from referral site. Some of the websites are useful while others are not. Now i want to use the filter so that i can remove the unuseful site. I have applied it also but i am getting the same result always and i have also applied the country filter but it is alos not working properly.

Re: Referral Traffic Filter

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
It may be referral spam.

https://referrerspamblocker.com/

Re: Referral Traffic Filter

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Dear Animesh,

Most of these referrals actually never visit your website (they target the GA Code instead), so you can easily block them in GA by setting up a filter: in (a) your configuration and in (b) your reporting.

What I understood is that you already applied a filter and that it's not working. This leads me to believe that you applied a configuration filter, which will not change your historical data, but it will change the data you gather from the moment you apply a filter and onwards. So it's not an instant fix.

To fix this, setup a spam "reporting filter" (in your dashboard):
Capture.JPG

Keep us posted.

Cheers,
Jan