Analytics
5.6K members online now
5.6K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

Redundant Host Names

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi I've got a few questions, any help would be great.

1) How can I fix redundant host names problem without damaging the view in Google Analytics and our search data,  and also htaccess file? I am not a technical person so what do you suggest for this situations?

2) We directed our domains with us and ae extensions to our site with tr extension. When someone enters from tr or ae extension does GA count our hits? (our GA setup is with the tr extension) Is there something we should do so that we don't miss hits or sessions from different directed extensions?

3) We set up GA with our "tr" extension and web master tools with "us "extension. Should both setups include same extension information? If so how can we correct this?

thanks and kind regards,

Murat

Redundant Host Names

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Odc,

1) I think you should clarify what you mean by "redundant host names problem".

2) As long as you're using 301 redirects from the .us and .ae domains, you should be fine. In that case, you will not see your .us and .ae domains as referrals, but you will simply see the original traffic source.

3) Regardless of the configuration in Analytics, if your website uses the .tr extension, then you need to setup a new Search Console property for the .tr website.