Analytics
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

Product Performance by Segment

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Google Analytics community! Good to be here and excited to learn from all of you.

Question -- we are trying to determine what product(s) are purchased by which segments. We have attempted to do this by creating and applying a segment (e.g., men ages 25-34) while looking at the Product Performance report, but a threshold is applied and no data appears. This would be extremely helpful for us in budgeting for AdWords campaigns, as we could determine which products within a segment need more budget allotted based on number of purchases, as well as buy and abandonment rates. Is it possible to find this data within GA, and if so, how?

Thanks in advance!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Product Performance by Segment

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hey Porter, 

You're only option is to increase the date range until you have enough data that goes past the threshold Google has set and will display the information. If you cannot go back far enough for any reason then you won't be able to see your segment data because of Analytic's desire to guard anonymity of the visitors.

Your only other options would be to either (a) widen your segment or (b) enable User ID (if applicable) which will give you much more detailed insights into your visitors.  

Let me know if this answers your question! 

- Josh

Joshua, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’