AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

Problems with setting up a include filter by hostname

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I set up a include filter using the hostname "www.test.com" this is how the host name comes up in the analytics report.

I used a predefined filter and when I verify the filter it doesn't work. I even let it run for a couple days to see if it collects anything.

This is how it looks like:

Include Only:  Traffic to hostname: That contains:

www.test.com

But nothing happens, I have tried variations of this "begins with" or "equals to" and even custom filter. 

Anyone ran into this problem before?

I know the host name is accurate because it matches the one on the GA report. 

BTW www.test.com is not the actually name because I cannot divulge that information. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Problems with setting up a include filter by hostname

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Francisco,

Are you sure that your hostname shows with www? you can try using test.com only. How are you verifying the filter?
Google Analytics Rising Star | Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.' Learn how here!
Analytics Consultant at Carloseo.com - Find me on Twitter | Email me

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Carlos, I use the filter verification option offered by GA. I used that as well taking away www I also took away the .com I can't think of another way of excluding the host name beside that. Thanks, Francisco

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Resource is not available. Please try again later is what i get any moment i try to create Analytic code