Analytics
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

Posts from others on productforums.google.com keep redirecting

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Technically, this is an issue more about redirection than the filters themselves, but hopefully someone can address this.  I'm trying to figure out how to exclude some content in the reports based on IP address.  So some basic googling shows me a result that looks like it has the answer, with the text "Where is the Custom Report Filter for Excluding my Ip Address"... blah blah.  So I click on that link, that exact link to that answer is below:

productforums.google.com/d/topic/analytics/iCyIFapqBVM

And within a second or so of the page loading, it redirect to the link below, EVERY TIME.

I can't go back to the page in the browser.  This doesn't work in firefox or chrome.  Doesn't matter whether I'm logged in or not, or in an incognito browser - it redirects to that google analytics landing page.  EVERY TIME.  And for all search results linking to that domain, not just this specific one!

This is unbelievably frustrating - too see that someone else has the same problem, knowing there might be an answer in there that I can't see.  And then to not be able to access the page.  And it's not like the redirect page is some sort of pop up or agreement page that redirects you to the page you want to go to... it just takes you there and you can't go back.  How can I get this redirection to stop?  

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Posts from others on productforums.google.com keep redirecting

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
I know it can be frustrating, happened to me a couple of times. I think it will be changed but in the meantime you can use the cached page

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:e7hsBD9q8YMJSmiley Tongueroductforums.google.com/d/topic/ana...

It is not formatted but you can see the whole information in the post.

Hope it helps,
Google Analytics Rising Star | Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.' Learn how here!
Analytics Consultant at Carloseo.com - Find me on Twitter | Email me

Re: Posts from others on productforums.google.com keep redirecting

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
You need to be quick with the loading X in your browser. You may need to do it a number of times. There is a few seconds of view time before the redirect. Try to hit the loadin X in your browser just before it redirects and you will see the content