Analytics
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

Posting again because no response Events are getting triggered by visitors from filtered IP address

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have setup a filter to exclude our office traffic by IP address. The filter is pretty basic, Predefined -> Exclude -> Traffic from the IP addresses -> that are equal to -> Our office IP.

For the most part it seems to work except that if someone in the office triggers an event, that event is getting recorded. How do I set it up so events are also filtered out?

The page is here:

http://www.datexcorp.com/find-best-wms-business

and the screenshot of the filter is here:

http://www.datexcorp.com/filter-screenshot.png

Ken

Posting again because no response Events are getting triggered by visitors from filtered IP address

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Its strange Ken!

I have the same filter setup for my office and it works just the way it should.

Maybe at the time you were testing, a visitor on your website might have triggered an event at the same time. I am guessing so yes, I might be wrong!

One way to rectify is to use a test UTM parameter on a page where any event is being triggered. Then you might want to check the UTM property against that event.

Let me know if this helps.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Nope. I embedded the IP address in the event label to verify and it was our IP. And it's still happening. I had to write some PHP code to not include Google Analytics code on our pages when it's a visitor from our office IP. Not ideal but it required some sort of workaround. At this point I don't have a lot of confidence in the numbers GA gives me anyway. If this filter doesn't work correctly I'm betting others don't as well.