AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

No data for new view

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello!

I have a problem with my new view. I created new blank view without filters several days ago but still don't have any data in it. It doesn't register any new traffic. Please help, how can i get data to this view?

BTW default All web site data view registering new traffic 

Best regards,

Ilya.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ilya V
December 2015

Re: No data for new view

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Fixed that. The problem was with User ID. If you enable User ID than you will see only traffic that have this parameter

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ilya V
December 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Fixed that. The problem was with User ID. If you enable User ID than you will see only traffic that have this parameter

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Having the same problem. How do you enable a User ID within a view?

No data for new view

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Could you please explain how do we enable User ID?

No data for new view

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

To turn User ID on or off, Admin > Property > tracking ID > User ID.

HOWEVER, it is probably NOT what you think. You do not just turn it on...

"User-ID enables the association of one or more sessions (and the activity within those sessions) with a unique and persistent ID that you send to Analytics."  i.e. you need to implement javascript code on your website to send the user id with the page hit. Without doing that, all new views you create in your account will be empty, as Ilya discovered.

Mike Sullivan, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

No data for new view

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Mike,

About your answer, what is the "USER_ID" over here: "Admin > Property > tracking ID > User ID" step 2, where do I get that? or is it as simple as just copying the string "ga('set', 'userId', {{USER_ID}}); // Set the user ID using signed-in user_id." into the google tracking code?

No data for new view

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Both are required; setup and change tracking code...and then there's reporting...

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/3123666

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

No data for new view

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am having the same problem. It seems to have started around June 16, 2017. No hits being recorded or they are recorded intermittently. I have the tracking code in the header.php file in a child theme which I thought was pretty standard. I also added the UA number to my Yoast plugin. Still not receiving data. I am not using Google Adwords on my site.

Is this a new procedure since the new view? Do I need to set up a User_ID, etc?

No data for new view

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Most people should NOT turn on user ID. 

Any view created with user ID turned out will only record sessions with user ID values...which do not happen without programming.

Turn off user ID.  If you created a view with user ID turned on, create a new one with it off.

No data for new view

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I have created my view with filters and also I have created user id also. But still it shows "there is no data in this view". Why it came like this ? Can anyone give the solution?