Analytics
5.5K members online now
5.5K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

No Real Time data and not all data showing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello all, 

For the website leaseautovandaag.nl we created filters to track traffic which comes through our widgets on different websites. 

i.e. we used a filter to only track traffic from campaign source autovandaag.widget.blackorange.nl 

In this Views, we don't see any Real Time traffic. When we take a look at normal analytics, I noticed that not all traffic is tracked... What's did we do wrong?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: No Real Time data and not all data showing

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Camiel,

#1 I would recommend that you also consider simply building "segments" in Universal Analytics instead of filtering out all the traffic that comes from specific URL.

#2 First check to see if you're registering the referral traffic from your "All Website Data" view in real-time. If you are indeed seeing the traffic then it is probably an issue with your filter settings in your new view.

Please check and let me know how it goes.

Best,
- Josh
Joshua, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hey Camiel,

This is an issue that is being addressed by GA :

https://twitter.com/googleanalytics?lang=en

Workaround is to use incognito mode or clear cookies.

Good luck!

Best,

Theo Bennett
Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Joshua,
Thanks for your reply.
That would be an option... But we want to provide advertisers a filtered View, so they can see all the data of the people who clicked the widget on their website (we host the widget in specific subdomains for each advertiser).

Best,
Camiel

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Theo,
Thank you for your message. We created the filter just recently, so this might be the problem.
Let's see if it's fixed tomorrow......